Friday, October 30, 2009

Earphones were designed to keep noise out

That's why I wear them. Time and time again, its the only invention that saves me from my very own insanity. As I don them reality vanishes and I am sucked into a world dark, ruthless and void of people. There I listen to the words of others, as though they were teachings of my very own private religion. I just wish they would go on forever, and I'd never leave the cruel world inside my own.

Unwillingly, I was forced into a birthday dinner, my half-granduncle's. Walking into his grandeur of a home, my family was greeted one-by-one, till the welcoming committee reached me. There and then, they commented on my earphones, reminding themselves of how disrespectful that is. I merely smiled back, as little did they know I had yet to play any songs, and heard them.

The moment I sat down I started the spiritual trance of songs entering my ears. Along with that I had my trusty A3, thus the blind-solving commenced. It was rather good, 2/3 attempts succeeded, although I had not timed myself. Yet that wasn't enough to shield my eyes.

Shock. Disbelief. Disgust. The expressions varied so little as to those 3 whenever a relative passed by. I sat quietly without saying a word and stared at my hands, my achy-breaky hands. Everytime, without fail, when they discovered of my lack of Chinese blood they gave the "wtf" face. Certain to say, they had already lost the little respect for me.

I don't like to talk to them, I don't speak their language, I'm young. That's a goldmine of "Chinese Disgrace" right there. If only they knew about her, then they'd ostracize me from the family. That would be a win-win situation actually, I despise them all. Throughout the dinner I heard jokes about race, and color. At least I know where my racism comes from. And the smoke. The whole mansion might as well have been on fire. Fucking retards.

In the end, I barely ate, I barely spoke, my only companions were the words in my ears and the puzzle in my hand. Sad to say, I don't have much of a life. I'm only propped up by the hope that it will continue. But shall it stop, the world shall disappear, and I again, will be left out in the dark, this time without the prayers of my earphones.

No comments:

Post a Comment